Duterte sees no problem with his son and son-in-law attending Senate probe

0
15
Duterte
President Rodrigo Duterte sees no problem with Davao City Mayor Paolo Duterte and Manases Carpio, attending the Senate Probe on September 07 Image Credit: Harley Palangchao, Reuters

President Rodrigo Duterte sees no problem with Davao City Mayor Paolo Duterte and Manases Carpio, attending the Senate Probe on September 07 in line with the smuggling of illegal drugs in the country, especially if they are innocent.

After attending a bank’s anniversary celebration in Taguig, Duterte said his sin and son-in-law should indeed attend the Senate blue ribbon committee hearing.

“He’s old enough to know. He can take care of his problem. I don’t speculate. I don’t give him advice. I just said ‘kung wala ka talagang kasalanan, bakit hindi ka pumunta doon?’” (If you are really innocent, why not go there?) Duterte said.

In a Senate hearing last week, according to customs fixer Mark Taguba, Paolo and Manases were “name-dropped” by individuals who paid grease money to customs officials for the release of P6.4 billion worth of shabu from China.

However, Taguba has since cleared Paolo and Manases of any involvement in the alleged corruption at the Bureau of Customs (BOC).

On the other hand, Sen ator Antonio Trillanes IV, said on Tuesday that he has evidence linking Paolo to the narcotics trade and he would show the evidence once he attend the Senate probe.

Duterte earlier called Triallanes evidence as “Trash.”

Meanwhile, the President has repeatedly said that he would resign once any of his children would be proven corrupt.